Speakers of the event, from top left: Matti Vanhanen, Gintarė Skaistė, Josué Tanaka, René Schneider, Kalin Anev Janse, Carl-Erik Lagercrantz, Mari Elka Pangestu, Henrik Normann. Hosts: Pekka Morén and Jukka Ahonen.
On Tuesday, 16 March 2021, 15.00 (EET), the Nordic Investment Bank (NIB) and Coalition of Finance Ministers for Climate Action is hosting a public seminar on how to guarantee sustainable recovery in light of the ongoing pandemic and climate change challenges.
The COVID-19 pandemic has caused enormous societal challenges, raising questions of short and long-term sustainability and even survival. Governments and international financial institutions have stepped up to the plate and helped to navigate during these difficult times. Fiscal stimulus packages, recovery funds, and response loans are building a bridge to a brighter future.
In times like these, it is easy to lose sight of long-term goals. However, challenges such as climate change have not disappeared. Therefore, the question is: How to guarantee a path to sustainable recovery?
This question will be addressed in a lived-streamed, two-hour event, featuring speakers from public institutions as well as prominent corporations.
The link to the webcast will be available closer to the event. Register for the event using this form on the NIB website to receive the link directly to your email when it becomes available. You can also add the event to your calendar.
- Date: Tuesday, 16 March 2021
- Time: 15.00-17.00 (Eastern European Time)
- Link: Provided closer to event
For more information and registration, please visit NIB’s website.
- Matti Vanhanen, Finance Minister, Finland
Corona response in the Nordic-Baltic region
- Keynote by Henrik Normann, President & CEO, Nordic Investment Bank
Panel on the effect of corona on financial conditions
- Gintarė Skaistė, Finance Minister, Lithuania
- René Schneider, Chief Financial Officer, Demant
- Kalin Anev Janse, Chief Financial Officer, ESM & EFSF
Path to sustainable recovery: the role of IFIs
- Keynote by Josué Tanaka, Visiting Professor in Practice, Grantham Research Institute, London School of Economics
Panel on the path to sustainable recovery
- Carl-Erik Lagercrantz, Chairman of the Board, Northvolt
- Mari Elka Pangestu, Managing Director of Development Policy and Partnerships, World Bank Group
- Pekka Morén, Co-Chair (Sherpas), Coalition of Finance Ministers for Climate Action
Moderator: Jukka Ahonen, Head of Communications, Nordic Investment Bank