This workshop delved into member countries' good practices and lessons learned on how climate change is being integrated into national public financial management systems. During the meeting, Country Champions Jamaica and Uganda presented the results of a recently published Coalition report which was shared with attendees to raise awareness about the central role Ministries of Finance can play in NDC enhancement and implementation. This will optimize economic and climate-related objectives and enhance inter-ministerial and inter-agency collaboration for coordinated efforts in climate action. Speakers also discussed how NDCs can be used as a framework for designing green stimulus responses.
A blog post about the event was published on the NDC Partnership website.
- Sam Mugume (Uganda) - Introductory Remarks
- June Nyakahuma (Uganda) - Presentation
- Paola Alvarez (Philippines) - Presentation
- Laura Ruiz Daza (Colombia) - Presentation
- Trevor Anderson (Jamaica) - Key Takeaways
- Amar Bhattacharya - Presentation