The Coalition of Finance Ministers for Climate Action met for its third sherpa meeting on November 18-19, at the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development headquarters in London, United Kingdom.
The meeting sought to (1) set out member and institutional partner activities arranged by the Helsinki Principles under the Santiago Action Pan, (2) clarify work arrangements to facilitate effective and full participation of members and institutions, and (3) prepare for the COP25 in Madrid in December 2019, which would include the launch of the Action Plan, as well as the drafting of a joint ministerial declaration.
Learn more about the London sherpa meeting below.
- Welcome and keynote address
- Objectives and follow-up to the Oct 19, 2019 Ministerial meeting
- Principle 1: Overview of proposed work plan, transition strategies to net zero
- Principle 1: HM Treasury’s Net Zero Review
- Principle 3: Overview of proposed work plan
- Principle 3: Follow up on the outcomes of Carbon Pricing Workshop
- Principle 3: Survey results
- Principle 4: Overview of proposed work plan and survey result
- Principle 4: Country Experiences - Public finance policies in vulnerable countries
- Principle 4: Country Experiences - Whole of Government approaches
- Principle 5: Options on Principle 5 - UK
- Principle 5: How ongoing initiatives in green finance and risks to financial stability contribute to the Coalition’s work
- Principle 5: How MDBs operations support Coalition objectives
- Principle 6: Overview of proposed work plan and survey results
- Principle 6: NDC updating process and demands from Finance Ministries
- Principle 6: NDC implementation